I'm a teacher that has a travel addiction but now being in America can't really afford the previously amazing trips I was able to take. So, I make the most of what I've got and take pictures of it all.
Classic Zucchini Bread
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon (i think i did closer to 2 tsp.)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. sugar
1 c. shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1/4 c. oil
1/4 tsp. grated lemon zest
1/4 c. chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. grease a loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees. sift together first 6 ingredients; set aside.
2. combine sugar, zucchini, oil, egg, and lemon zest; mix well.
3. add dry mixture to zucchini mixture and stir just until moistened. batter should be lumpy.
4. spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to cool on wire rack. wrap in foil to store. freezes well.